People tell me I have a unique perspective on life, relationships and business. When I share my philosophy with conformists and conventional thinkers, it often comes across to them as a dose of harsh reality. Oh well, they asked for it! Now I share it with the world, a much needed Reality Check for you all to think about and enjoy!
Get Out of the Box!
- Profit should NOT be your first priority, profit is the result of your first priority, which is providing outstanding value to your customers
- Experience is a poor predictor of success at creative work
- Perfection is possible, it’s just a matter of hard work and persistence
- The greatest threat to creativity and flexibility is bureaucracy
- The greatest threat to open communication is political correctness and conformity
- There can be no improvement without change, learn to love change and see it as an opportunity
- Do not wait for 100% certainty to make a decision, its probably too late by then
- To be creative, you must accept risk
- The movement from reality to the ideal is improvement, if you want improvement, get moving
- Question everything, especially things that you do and believe
- You do NOT have a right to never be offended! If someone says something you don’t like, don’t complain like a little baby, just get over it!
- Don’t be afraid to critique yourself or have others do it for you, develop a thick skin, being a sensitive cry baby is not a virtue
- Don’t expect praise for everything you do… even if you tried, really, really hard!
- The right thing is usually harder to do and of less benefit for you; if you want to be a special person, do the right thing
- You are the greatest source of the problems in your life, instead of blaming others, own your mistakes and learn from them
- Of all the people in your world, you know yourself the least, so learn more about yourself
- Pushing yourself into new situations is essential to learn about yourself
- You are not special, get over it!
- Stop being so damn nice & start being more real
- You don’t have to be happy all the time, it is normal to be in a crappy mood sometimes
- Don’t hide that you are upset, talk about it, you might solve the problem that made you upset
- Learning does not have to be fun, some of the most important lessons are not fun!
- Optimism isn’t saying that everything is “SUPER GREAT” at nauseam! It is identifying problems, believing you can solve them and solving them, even if it is hard to do so
- Generalizations are valuable, they are not supposed to predict 100%