Problem: Conformity and conventional thinking are frustrating and limit the potential of workers and organizations. They take many forms:
- Bureaucracy & hierarchy
- Political correctness & fake niceness
- Politics, face time & useless meetings
- “Professional attire” & inflexible work schedules
Conformity and conventional thinking impede innovation in both the public and private sectors. They prevent the creation of new products, services and ventures that better meet customer needs and could make the world a better place.
Solution: Unconventional leadership is the solution! Well-known unconventional leaders (Anna Wintour, Richard Branson, Mark Zuckerberg, etc.) are setting the example of how it can unleash creativity and flexibility (Southwest Airlines, Cirque du Soleil, Apple, etc.), and as a result they beat the competition repeatedly. Unconventional leadership is the key because it results in creating an unconventional culture based on:
Creativity, Flexibility & Risk-taking
These three components are essential to innovation and winning in today’s hyper-competitive global environment.
- Attraction and retention of top talent > culture that is impossible to copy and is a competitive advantage
- Less managerial stress > positive work environment > more flexible and motivated workers
- More innovation & competitive advantages > faster growth & industry leadership
- Lower costs, more sales > increasing profits
Rebel, Innovate & Win!
***>>> Join my Linkedin group Compete Outside The Box with Unconventional Leadership